Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Karen published in Just Cards

Vicky here, I have exciting news.
Karen Hasheck has 5 cards published in the Just Cards magazine! I am so excited for her. Karen always has good ideas and loves to share them. Her blog is here to see more of her work.
The Just Cards magazine has been out for a while, (sorry I am a little late on this) but I hope you have yours. Her cards can be seen on pages: 31, 49, 55, 70, 77. 
On page 31 under the category of Just Because, she made a card with Repeat Impression stamps. She used a cat face stamp inside a cut out star with the statement 'What's Mew?'. It is a very neat idea to frame the cat face and all of us cat lovers think our cats are stars.
 
On Page 49 under the category of Birthday, she used a couple of our stamps. Karen used our stamp Clara with one of our birthday sayings. She paper pieced the swimming suit and cap on Clara and embossed the saying. The ribbon is from Stampin' Up.
 
On page 55, under the category of Birthday Karen made another card. She used our guy fairy Patrick to make this fun guy card. As you can see, she cut the top off so he is also displayed when you read the sentiment. She used the Silhouette to cut out the words for the front. On the inside she gave Patrick a glass of beer and a Rest...Relax...Enjoy saying.
 
On page 70, under the category of Occasion, she made an adorable baby/girl card. She stamped our small Baby Jane shoes on pink paper and cut them out. She used small embellishments on the shoes and the bigger size same embellishments for the corners. I know it is hard to see, but she embossed "Just as sweet as can be" with a Cuttlebug baby embossing folder. She used a Martha Stewart punch to make the border at the bottom of the card. I think this is just a very sweet card.
On page 77, under the category of Holiday, Karen made a St. Patrick's Day card. If you like glitter, you will love this card. She put shamrock flowers on top.
 
As you can see, I took the pictures right from the magazine so the colors are a little off so I hope you have the magazine to see how much nicer the cards look compared to here.
I would like to thank Karen on the time she has taken to make our stamps look so wonderful on the cards she has made. She has been such a big, large, extra large, huge help for me with the blog and don't know if I would of kept the blog without her. ~ Thank you Karen, you are such a sweetheart and I am so happy I got you as a friend!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails