Friday, September 18, 2015

Coffee Aged Background Friends Card


Happy Friday! Karen H. here and today I am sharing a card I made with Crackerbox Palace’s awesome stamps and an aged background made with instant coffee. I learned how to do this aged look in a video here by the wonderful Fran of Stampendous. It is easy to do- just put hot water in a spray bottle and add several spoonfuls of instant coffee, then shake. Spray the mixture on your cardstock, then sprinkle on a few of the instant coffee grounds while still wet for even more color and interest.

On this card I stamped Crackerbox Palace’s “coffee stain” stamp first, then created the background as described above. After the piece was dry, I embossed with an embossing folder from Tim Holtz. I mixed brown distress ink with water on my craft mat, then spattered on brown dots with a small paintbrush and the distress ink/water mixture. The “friends” die is also by Tim Holtz for Sizzix. I stamped Crackerbox Palace’s coffee pot, divided the open area with a small black marker, and zentangled the inside of the stamped image.


Crackerbox Palace smiles, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails