Friday, February 05, 2016

Happy Dance Mixed Media Designing


Karen here and today I am sharing a Mixed Media style card I made with Crackerbox Palace stamps. I don’t often design cards in this style, but I was inspired by the new Just Mixed Media! Issue of Just Cards I received this week. The magazine is packed full of beautifully photographed mixed media wall art, tags, atcs, journals and cards. I have a four cards in the issue including a Happy card on the cover (a first for me.)

I started the card above by heat embossing with white embossing powder a few fun stamped images from Crackerbox Palace. Then I sprinkled on orange, green and purple Color Burst powders and spritzed with silver iridescent Glimmer Mist. I added some black Viva Modelling Paste through a TCW stencil. When that was dry, I sponged on some black distress ink through another TCW stencil and around all the edges. I also did some doodling in the petals of the center flower with a thin black marker. I attached the completed card front to a black A2 card base. 

Crackerbox Palace smiles, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails